The Los Angeles County Arts Commission fosters excellence, diversity, vitality, understanding and accessibility of the arts in Los Angeles County. The Commission provides leadership in cultural services for the County, including information and resources for the community, artists, educators, arts organizations and municipalities.
Social Media Consultant (Part-time)
Social Media Consultant (Part-time)
Los Angeles County Arts Commission
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission seeks a part-time Social Media Consultant to support the marketing and public relations of the Arts Commission as a whole, as well as all Commission programs including Arts Education, Civic Art, Grants, Professional Development and Productions (encompassing Ford Theatres, Holiday Celebration and Free Concerts).
The Social Media Consultant works as part of the Arts Commission’s communications team. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Social Media Consultant works in tandem with designated staff from each Arts Commission programmatic division to implement social media strategies. Duties include:
- Coordinating the creation and implementation of the social media editorial schedule.
- Preparing approved content for social media sites.
- Updating and maintaining social media sites, including preparing and uploading photo, audio and video content.
- Replying to posts and tweets.
- Collecting user data for social media and preparing reports.
- Managing Facebook advertising.
- Liaising with Ford Theatres’ partners to maximize their use of new media.
- Keeping abreast of current new media trends and proactively researching future new media possibilities and assets for consideration.
The Social Media Consultant will work 20 hours per week with a minimum of eight to ten hours onsite at the Arts Commission offices located at 1055 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90017.
$1,500 a month. This is a six month contract.
- Communications experience supporting public relations and marketing functions.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Understanding of social media techniques and platforms.
- Familiarity with Facebook advertising.
- Experience with Google analytics.
- Proficiency using Adobe In-Design, Illustrator and/or Photoshop software and Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Experience editing text for online use as well as cropping/resizing/compressing images and editing audio and video material for social media platforms.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample relevant to position and a list of three references. All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Part-time Social Media Consultant as the subject line. Please do not submit any application materials through the US mail or phone regarding the status of the submission. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met or May 30, 2014.
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission fosters excellence, diversity, vitality, understanding and accessibility of the arts in Los Angeles County. The Arts Commission provides leadership in cultural services for the County, encompassing 88 municipalities, including funding and job opportunities, professional development and general resources. www.lacountyarts.org.
Project Description: The Los Angeles County Arts Commission is in search of a Communications Intern to help with marketing campaigns for the Ford Theatres, a multi-disciplinary performing arts venue with programming in the 1,200-seat Ford Amphitheatre, offering music, dance, family events & film from May through October. The candidate will also assist the L.A. County Arts Commission communications team with managing the press database and assisting with marketing efforts on the annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration, a three-hour free event that presents community and professional choirs, music ensembles and dance companies representing the diverse cultures and holiday traditions of LA County at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion at the Music Center, and broadcast live on KCET. The Ford Theatres and L.A. County Holiday Celebration are programs of the Los Angeles County Arts Commission.
This position offers an opportunity to work closely with experienced public relations/marketing professionals and add significant experience to your resume. Work on these projects is year round.
- Assist Ford Theatres communications team with audience survey efforts during the Ford’s 2014 summer season
- Assist Ford Theatres communications team with engagement strategies and audience outreach efforts at targeted shows and events
- Assist L.A. County Arts Commission Director of Communications and Marketing with press database clean-up and organization
- Assist L.A. County Arts Commission communications team with day-to-day duties including, but not limited to, updating documents, creating weekly press attendance lists, conducting online research, archiving press clippings, maintaining internal communications calendar
- Help brainstorm and implement fresh audience engagement ideas
- Attend select special events to help marketing staff
Project Period: Summer 2014
Working Hours: Flexible, 15-25 hours per week
Project Location: 1055 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 800, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Required Experience/Education/Skills/Major (must have classes) to demonstrate: Desirable qualifications include a background in marketing and public relations; social media familiarity; interest in the performing and visual arts; strong writing skills; background in journalism, communications or music/dance/visual arts; organized; detail oriented; good telephone skills; fluency in oral and written Spanish is a plus. Possible majors include, but are not limited to, communications, journalism, marketing, public administration, public relations or Bachelor of Arts.
Essential qualities and abilities: Consistent attention to detail and accuracy; ability to stay organized and meet deadlines; ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment; ability to use Window-based computer and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to use and familiarity with the Adobe design suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator; ability to be proactive and plan ahead. Candidate must be reliable and possess enthusiasm and dedication for the arts and the task at hand.
Required Oral and Written Communication Skills: The candidate must be able to present both oral and written information in a poised, persuasive and professional manner; possess the ability to work both collaboratively and independently; and must be able to successfully interact effectively with a wide variety of people on-and off-site.
Salary: This is an unpaid internship for college credit.
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com or via fax to 213-580-0017.
Contact: Kim Glann, Productions Marketing Manager