45 Tickets Available*click on "Buy Tickets" for current availability.
Join the LA County Arts Commission at a two-day Essentials of Human Resources Training offered in conjunction with The Nonprofit Partnership. Topics covered include:
- Day One (January 19): Best practices & legal aspects of human resources
- Current regulations impacting the workplace, including new labor law developments
- Exempt/non-exempt classifications
- Use of supplemental workforce including interns and contractors
- How to create an employee handbook
- Day Two (January 26): Effective recruitment, selection and retention
- Interviewing tips
- Best practices in evaluating candidates
- Managing performance: documentation, feedback, and recognition
Thursday, January 19, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm and Thursday, January 26, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
The LA County Arts Commission, 1055 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 800, 90017
**All current OGP grantee organizations are welcome to attend free of charge. This two-day workshop is geared toward individuals responsible for hiring and supervising employees. Depending on your organization’s size, this may be your Executive Director, Operations Manager, or equivalent.
Questions? Contact Talia at firstname.lastname@example.org.