About...Productions creates original interdisciplinary theater works and educational programs that provoke new perspectives on history, humanity, and culture. We are dedicated to collaboration to create artistic and community dialogue. We believe in the power of theater to transform youth, enlighten audiences, and celebrate the lives of seniors.
In close collaboration with the Artistic and Administrative Directors, the Program and Marketing Intern’s primary project will be assisting with the marketing and educational efforts for our upcoming premiere production, Adobe Punk. In addition, the intern will engage in archival work for our L.A. as Subject Digital Project. Working as a team with the Staff and other relevant contractors, the Intern’s work will consist of:
- Marketing: collaboratively create an Adobe Punk social media marketing plan and posts for the period leading up to the premiere. Create other related marketing collateral as needed (info sheet, videos, etc.)
- Education: collaboratively create an Adobe Punk study guide/brochure for distribution to high school students and/or general audiences that explores the production’s related content of 1980s LA punk music and early California history.
- Archive Creation — work with professional archive team to create an archive for the company’s L.A. as Subject Digital Project including developing an inventory of items related to the company’s LA history-based productions, and assist with digitization of that inventory.
The Intern will split time between working remotely from a home office and working in the About...Productions’ downtown Pasadena office. Our office is within walking distance from a Gold Line stop, restaurants, museums, bookstores, public library, and other resources. We are near both Old Town Pasadena and the Pasadena Playhouse District. This is a part time remote internship working about 15-25 hours a week starting in August and going through March.
The ideal candidate should exhibit:
- Independent work ethic, enthusiasm, clear communication, good time management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, Mac proficient, Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google apps.
- Experience with photo and/or video editing software and graphics programs are encouraged.
- Other assets include marketing and/or community outreach experience; and production planning experience.
Candidates should have a passion for the performing arts in general, and a desire to learn about the LA arts and culture landscape. Interest in Los Angeles history and familiarity with ensemble-based theater and/or theater by communities of color is very helpful. Preference will be given to those applicants with a serious interest in pursuing a career in the performing arts, arts education, arts administration, marketing, and/or archive/conservation fields.
How to Apply
To apply, email cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment to Sofija Dutcher, Administrative Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.