Angels Gate Cultural Center (AGCC) provides
- services to professional artists
- innovative public arts programming, including exhibitions of local, national and international artists
- high-quality arts education for children in the Los Angeles Harbor Region and,
- community classes in all art forms serving children and adults.
AGCC will continue to provide the quality arts programming to over 15,000 visitors each year that has served the community for the past 35 years.
Angels Gate Cultural Center's Development Intern will work to understand the purpose of, how to support and enhance the organization's fundraising portfolio. The intern will assist with the marketing and logistics for the gallery and arts programming fundraising efforts, and provide support for on-going development activities including prospect research and grant writing support.
This Intern will also participate in shared daily administrative activities, and will have the opportunity to gain knowledge about arts organizations operations, gallery education, program promotion and marketing, and arts education advocacy.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, this position will take place mostly remotely, with opportunities for on-site work when county and state health orders allow. This is a part-time internship with a flexible end date (totaling 400 hours), and hours will fluctuate with the intern’s weekly schedule.
- An enthusiasm for the arts and a passion for bringing high quality arts programming to an underserved area
- Major in art, arts education, museum studies and/or art history preferred
- Familiarity with Mac computers
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and Word Familiarity with online social media tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong research skills
How to Apply
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Please call (310) 519-0936