We are seeking an intern who will help the staff implement our development initiatives. We aim to build the capacity for the entire arts and cultural community of Long Beach, individual artists as well as organizations. The Arts Council's efforts to create new audiences, increase arts participation by low-income populations, and contribute to the economic development of the entire community through the arts require communication and fundraising plans that will not only educate our supporters, but also give them language to act as ambassadors in the community. This position will work approximately 15-20 hours a week from June to October.
The successful intern will have:
- An interest in development, fundraising, arts management, and/or grant writing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), a plus.
- Strong reading, writing, and proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to conduct research.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Willingness to take the lead on particular aspects of the project and report progress to the Office & Development Manager.
- Familiarity with at least one visual or performing arts genre—either as an artist or enthusiastic audience member—is preferred.
Arts Council for Long Beach (ACLB) is the official arts agency for the City of Long Beach. We help foster creativity and culture, enliven communities and enable a thriving creative economy. Our vision is to help create a vibrant arts scene that makes Long Beach a premiere destination for residents, businesses, students and visitors.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a detailed cover letter outlining their qualifications for the position, two references (including name and contact information) and resume. The resume must include education, work experience, and extracurricular activities. Please email all application materials to Laura Nelson, Office & Development Manager, at email@example.com. No telephone calls please.