The Marketing & Grants Intern will have the opportunity to work with our Marketing and Grants Associate and Director of Programs as an integral part of the marketing team towards positioning the Arts Council as the hub of a city-wide arts marketing initiative, through which we seek to build marketing capacity for the whole arts and cultural community of Long Beach. The position will work approximately 20 hours per week from June to November.
The successful intern will have:
- An interest in marketing, arts management, and/or grant-making
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), a plus
- Strong reading, writing, proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of social media
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to conduct research
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Willingness to take the lead on particular aspects of the project and report progress to the Marketing and Grants Manager.
Arts Council for Long Beach (ACLB) is the official arts agency for the City of Long Beach. We help foster creativity and culture, enliven communities and enable a thriving creative economy. Our vision is to help create a vibrant arts scene that makes Long Beach a premiere destination for residents, businesses, students and visitors.
How to Apply
Interested students should submit a resume, cover letter, two references and unofficial transcripts to Lisa DeSmidt at email@example.com.