ArtworxLA combats the epidemic high school dropout crisis with a long-term, sequential arts program offering students a pursuable life path that inspires them to stay in school, evolve as unique individuals and flourish as creative adults. We serve over 600 alternative high school students by: creatively educating teens with sustained arts exposure and immersion; connecting students to a network of artists, higher education, and creative industries; and investing in student and alumni support.
The Development and Fundraising Intern will play an important role in continuing the initiatives that are part of artworxLA's Strategic Plan, which outlines strategies for strengthening and expanding fundraising, development and deepening programming offerings. From developing the 2020-2021 Grant Strategy to assisting with grant and report deliverables to coordinating organizational stewardship, the intern will drive several fundraising projects that will help us position ourselves to more effectively communicate our mission and promote sustainability and programming growth. As this internship begins around the same time as our fiscal year, projects will include both planning activities and implementation, all of which will have a significant impact beyond the ten weeks of the internship. This would be a part time remote position with some time on site in the office. This internship will work full time, 40 hours a week beginning in August through October.
Strong candidates will possess the following:
- Interest in arts education/programming, and addressing the needs of underserved youth
- Strong sense of professionalism and personal responsibility
- Willingness to take initiative, ask questions and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong writing, research, communication and critical-thinking skills
- Possess or willing to learn a basic understanding of project management, and be comfortable working with a project team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and willing to learn Excel
- Familiarity with databases, a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Reader or Creative Suite, a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as one document to Guadalupe Rivera, Development Manager, at lupe@artworxLA.org. Include the title of the internship in the subject line of your email.