The California Alliance for Arts Education advocates for high quality arts education for all students by providing policy expertise and by mobilizing a statewide network of advocates and allied partners.
The Marketing and Development Intern will provide support in the areas of development, communications, community engagement, and administration for the Alliance’s Pasadena office. Duties will include assisting with research and implementation of communications strategies, program development, marketing, and public advocacy programs. The intern will also help with grants management, grant proposals and reports, as well as with fund development research and writing projects.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong reading, writing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to do online research and synthesize and report findings
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, contractors, volunteers, and arts education constituents
- Fluency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Mac platform preferred
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other social media platforms a plus
- An interest in arts education, storytelling, new marketing trends, and fund development a plus