The California Alliance for Arts Education advocates for high quality arts education for all students by providing policy expertise and by mobilizing a statewide network of advocates and allied partners.
The Program and Communications Intern will work closely with the Program Director and Program and Communications Manager on some of the Alliance’s key programs and projects, such as the Student Voices Campaign, the Arts Now Campaign, and the Candidate Survey Project. The intern will engage in a variety of aspects of these programs and projects, including research, communication strategies, content creation, project management, and data collection. They will have the opportunity to learn about school funding policy, grassroots advocacy, non-profit communications, and public engagement. During this time of substantial change in our communities and state, there is potential for the position to yield impactful results in local community advocacy. This is a fully remote position starting in August through November, working 20-40 hours per week.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong reading, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to do web research and synthesize findings.
- Ability to work well with staff and network of contractors, members, constituents and volunteers.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Proficiency in Mac platform, Gmail, and Google calendar preferred.
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, Tumblr a plus.
- An interest in arts education, good storytelling, and new marketing trends a plus
How to Apply
To apply, please address cover letter and resume to Adelaide Kuehn and Caitlin Lainoff. Email PDF versions to email@example.com with subject line "LACDAC Summer Internship."