Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre (HDDT) is a site-specific dance company that creates innovative dance experiences in non-traditional places and provides learning opportunities in diverse neighborhoods, inviting audiences and artists to engage with one another and connect with their communities in ways they have never experienced.
Heidi Duckler Dance, LA's top site-specific dance company, is looking for a Community Engagement Intern to support the Education & Community Manager with coordinating HDD’s arts education and community programs. Responsibilities will include assisting with outreach and communication with partner schools, community centers and teaching artists and researching education programs in the field.
• Comfortable communicating with diverse groups of people
• Excellent writing skills
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/English)
• Mac and/or PC proficient
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
• Event programming experience preferred but not required
• Contemporary dance knowledge preferred but not required
• Reliable transportation
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include why you're interested in working for a dance company and in arts education/community engagement.