Culture Shock LA is a nonprofit dance company that utilizes Hip Hop and urban dance culture to create education, enrichment and entertainment programs that inspire positive change in the communities it serves.
Culture Shock LA is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to work with our management team to advance our fundraising and marketing capabilities. The intern will support our donor cultivation and grant writing activities, and will also have a voice in developing our programming and online presence. In addition, the intern will also be actively engaged in helping to devise and execute communication strategies that broaden the awareness of Culture Shock LA and its programs and events. This position will work about 15 hours a week from August to February.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills- Outgoing and creative thinker
- Self-starter able to work both independently and with a team
- Comfortable using a variety of social media platforms
- Proficiency in internet-based research and use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Knowledge of graphic design software is a plus