The Arts Education Intern will support and facilitate the Museum's Voices of History multi-week workshops in summer 2022 and will help plan for the fall 2022 Share Our Stories program. These programs offer 4th-12th grade students opportunities to create artistic reflections that amplify their voices and document history, by connecting them with Holocaust survivors to develop conversations and ideas into art. This position will work approximately 30 hours a week from June through August 2022.
Intern qualifications include:
- Enrollment in an undergraduate program, preferably with a focus in history, art history, library studies, museum studies, or political science;
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to organize tasks and ensure timely completion of projects with strong attention to detail;
- A professional work ethic and positive attitude.
The mission of Holocaust Museum LA is to commemorate those who perished, honor those who survived, educate about the Holocaust, and inspire a more dignified and humane world. In accordance with the wishes of the Holocaust survivors who founded it, the Museum is open seven days a week and is always free for students and California residents. We teach students and visitors—including thousands from underserved communities annually—the critical lessons of the Holocaust through artifact-rich exhibits, customized tours, creative education programs, and intergenerational conversations with Holocaust survivors.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Jordanna Gessler at email@example.com. The cover letter should include responses to the following questions:
- Why do you want to intern at Holocaust Museum LA?
- Why do you think it is important to learn and teach about the Holocaust?
- Have you participated in any Holocaust Museum LA programs?
- If so, which one(s)?
The cover letter should also briefly describe any relevant skills and/or experience.