LA Commons empowers neighborhoods to tell their unique stories through homegrown arts and cultural projects via our Neighborhood Story Connection programming, and connects visitors to these projects through Trekking LA tours.
The Program Intern will work closely with the Program Director in supporting several LA Commons Neighborhood Story Connections programs, including our Mask Festival and BHC SoLA workshops. The intern will play an important role in organization and management assistance, community partner outreach, workshop supply acquisition and delivery to sites, and art production. Duties include:
- Maintaining contact list of core partners, artists, youth and staff;
- Youth outreach reminder prior to each meeting;
- Resource and delivery of project supplies;
- and Assisting with workshops.
The intern will be working about 25 hours a week from July through November.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- A proficiency in Microsoft and internet applications strong sense of professionalism and willingness to work with others,
- The ability to take initiative,
- Strong organizational skills,
- An interest in community arts as a strategy for positively impacting low-income neighborhoods,
- Interest in community arts as an avenue for sharing stories, building community and creating opportunities for youth artists to share their talents and further develop their artistic and leadership skills.
Photography and/or graphic design skills are a plus, but not mandatory.