The mission of LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes is to celebrate and cultivate an appreciation for the enduring and evolving influence of Mexican and Mexican American culture, with a specific focus upon the unique Mexican American experience in Los Angeles and Southern California. Through dynamic multidisciplinary programs and interactive exhibits, LA Plaza offers an engaging path to cultural self-discovery and the appreciation of personal, familial, and community heritage.
LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes seeks a highly energetic Programs Intern to assist with final preparations, logistics, promotion, and event production of its summer public programs. Working closely with the Senior Curator of Programs, the intern’s final project will include proposing films, music groups, directors, and speakers for a documentary film series and summer feature film series aligned to the organization’s mission. Be part of a dynamic team while experiencing various elements of event production, including marketing and social media campaigns, outreach and community engagement efforts, as well as finalizing event logistics.
The ideal internship candidate will be a passionate, energetic, and outgoing individual who demonstrates a high degree of self-initiative, meticulousness, and responsibility. Ideal candidates will also demonstrate the following interests and abilities:
• Interest in learning about Mexican and Mexican American history and culture in Los Angeles
• Interest in the performing arts, especially as it relates to Mexican, Mexican American, Latino, and Los Angeles history and experiences
• Computer, research, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Highly motivated and positive team player
• Bilingual, English/Spanish highly desired, but not required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Desire to serve the local community
• Familiarity with online social media tools
• Flexible schedule (ability to work select evenings and weekends for program events)
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and resume. The cover letter should address how the internship experience might impact long-range academic and career goals. Finalists will be asked to provide two writing samples. Please submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org