Via a comprehensive program of rehearsals, musicianship classes, vocal coaching, self-produced/collaborative concerts and national/international tours, Los Angeles Children'ss Chorus enables young people aged 6-18 from diverse racial, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds to become highly capable musicians while learning crucial life skills like collaboration, discipline, leadership and striving for excellence. LACC is widely recognized for its exceptional artistic quality and technical ability.
Los Angeles Children’s Chorus’ ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN will assist with our annual auditions; manage post-audition follow-up with our conductors, business manager and parents of new and returning choristers; work with our Salesforce-based CRM system, PatronManager; process an enrollment mailing (audition results, chorus invitations, registrations); field inquiries from chorister parents; assist with summer First Experiences in Singing registrations and logistics; support the preparations for one national and one international tour; and assist in planning for our 2019|2020 season. The internship will offer meaningful, wide-ranging exposure to all levels of the Chorus.
LACC’s ideal intern candidate will:
• Possess excellent verbal, written and organizational skills;
• Act responsibly and with a friendly and professional demeanor;
• Demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft Windows Office Suite and comfort level with learning our chorister database (other computer program/software experience is desirable, but not required; training can be provided as necessary);
• Apply acquired knowledge about LACC’s program in daily interactions with staff, parents and others; and
• Respect and maintain confidentiality.
Candidates should be motivated, sociable, collegial, dependable and adaptable team players. LACC values an intern’s intellectually curiosity and ability to offer a fresh perspective and new ideas on how to accomplish tasks and realize goals.
Candidates should be prepared to work a 9:30AM to 5:30PM schedule from Monday through Friday, with some flexibility to accommodate possible weekend or evening activities.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover and resume letter to Julie Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.