The mission of the Los Angeles Music and Art School is to provide opportunities for underserved students in East Los Angeles and surrounding communities – irrespective of their race, gender, ability or financial standing - to engage in and have access to multidisciplinary and sequential arts programs.
The Programs and Communications Intern will work with LAMusArt staff in the implementation and execution of programs. Specific duties will vary from day-to-day, but will include working in an office setting, in the field and classroom with students, and in the community, helping to raise awareness and support for programming.
The intern will work closely with the Executive Director and collaborate with the Programs and Development departments to gain a comprehensive overview of administration within a nonprofit focusing on community arts programming.
• Applicant should have a keen interest and passion for the arts
• Interest in working with children/adolescents ages 7 to 15 is a must
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Be social media literate
• Have an eye for digital design
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required
How to Apply
To apply, applicants are required to submit their resume and cover letter to Executive Director Manny Prieto at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.