The mission of the Los Angeles Music and Art School is to provide opportunities for underserved students in East Los Angeles and surrounding communities—irrespective of their race, gender, ability or financial standing—to engage in and have access to multidisciplinary and sequential arts programs.
The Programs and Communications Intern will collaborate with lead administrators to execute the annual Camp MusArt program and its culminating production. While in an environment designed for learning, the intern will develop their emerging skills in several areas of nonprofit arts administration while providing critical support within Development/Fundraising, Communications, and Program Design. Individuals who value high-quality arts education, especially for under-represented youth, will be highly successful in this role and will make a noticeable impact on LAMusArt’s reach throughout LA’s Eastside. Intern will have 20 scheduled weekly work hours and may work from home for up to 4 hours per week when fulfilling Development/Fundraising responsibilities. This position will start in August and work through December at about 20 hours a week.
Applicant should have:
- A keen interest for the arts and see value in arts education
- Some experience or knowledge of music, art, dance or theater programs
- Interest in working with children/adolescents ages 7 to 15 is a must
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with social media tools
- Have an eye for digital design
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants are required to submit their resume and cover letter to Executive Director Manny Prieto at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.