The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association fulfills its mission to perform, present, and promote music to a large and diverse audience through performances, presentations, and educational programs that reflect its innovative spirit. Today, under the leadership of Music Director Gustavo Dudamel, more than one million people attend LA Phil concerts annually at Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
The Education Intern will assist in many aspects of the LA Phil’s Youth Orchestra LA (YOLA) program, and interface with other departments including Production and Artistic Planning. They will assist in special projects including the National YOLA Festival, a new YOLA Center and site in Inglewood, and additional tasks as assigned.
• Must be highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented
• Must be reliable and dependable, as well as focused and self-motivated
• Knowledge of orchestral music and music reading skills
• Should possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Works well in a high-pressure, fast-paced corporate environment
• Able to work cooperatively in a shared work space
• Ability to work with diverse personalities
• Spanish language proficiency preferred, not required
• Should be a team player with the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Must be computer literate (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook.)
• Should have an ambition to learn about music education
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion