The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association fulfills its mission to perform, present, and promote music to a large and diverse audience through performances, presentations, and educational programs that reflect its innovative spirit. Today, under the leadership of Music Director Gustavo Dudamel, more than one million people attend LA Phil concerts annually at Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
The Learning Intern will support the work in the collaborative learning and social innovation areas within the LA Phil’s Learning Department. They will support the work of the Learning Department Project Managers and the day to day operation of Learning programs, with emphasis on administrative duties related to local Youth Orchestra LA (YOLA) sites. They will also assist in planning and implementation efforts related to the Judith and Thomas L. Beckmen YOLA Center opening in Inglewood this year. The intern will also assist in administration tasks across the department. They will spend time at each of the LA Phil’s YOLA sites if they are meeting in person. At the end of the internship, the intern will possess familiarity with activities of a Learning department in a major orchestra, the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment in the performing arts and the ability to prioritize and react to a rapidly changing environment. This is a remote, part time position that will work about 15 hours a week from August to March.
- Must be highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Must be reliable and dependable, as well as focused and self-motivated.
- Must be able to juggle large quantities of information and meet deadlines.
- Should possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Should be a team player with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet).
- Should have an ambition to learn about concert production and artist/orchestra management.
- Passion about music and the arts a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion.