ONE Archives Foundation (OAF) is hosting an Exhibitions and Programming Intern to work on our digital exhibition and programming for the fall 2020 with the focus to develop a digital version of an exhibition that had to close early, due to the pandemic. Metanoia: Transformation through AIDS Archives and Activism is an archival examination of community-based responses to the ongoing AIDS crisis in America. The show centers the experiences of Black cis and trans women, and cis and trans women of color who have always been at the forefront of movement work. The digital exhibition will be hosted on the open web, free to the public. The intern will work with Director of Content Strategy to produce the digital exhibition and related programming, coordinating with the curators, the ONE Archives Foundation team, and the archive staff at the ONE Archives at the USC Libraries.
- Assist in the production of the digital exhibition (including image and video editing, content upload, metadata production, image credit copywriting, and more), supporting the Director of Content Strategy, curators, OAF marketing team, and programmatic partners
- Assist the Director of Content Strategy, as well as curators, with the development of and planning and implementation of exhibition programming such as virtual conversations, workshops, and lectures.
- Assist the Director of Content Strategy, as well as curators, with the development of and planning for exhibition related publication including a zine that explores the relationship between the exhibited content and present-day conversations around COVID-19 and racial justice uprising.
- Assist the Director of Content Strategy with administrative duties related to the digital exhibition & public programs, including metrics and data gathering and reporting.
- Assist the Direct of Content Strategy, as well as curators, with archival research at ONE Archives at the USC Libraries, to include but not limited to identifying collections, scanning documents, and reprinting materials for exhibitions, consistent with the policies and procedures of ONE Archives at the USC Libraries. May assist with research at other archives, as well.
- Assist with social media curation related to the digital exhibition, consistent with ONE Archives Foundation’s social media guidelines, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Assist with other events and tasks related to our Education and Development departments.
- Participate in ONE Archives Foundation staff meetings and activities.
This position will be remote and work 15-20 hours a week from September through March.
- Knowledge of and interest in LGBTQ history and current issues
- Customer service skills including write and phone communications
- Social Media Fluency (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Event planning and programming experience
- Research experience with primary source materials preferred
- Artistic experience preferred
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.