The mission of the Arts Council for Long Beach is to foster creativity and culture, enliven communities and enable a thriving creative economy. Our vision is to help create a vibrant arts scene that makes Long Beach a premiere destination for residents, businesses, students, and visitors.
This is a time of rich and creative opportunity for marketing and audience development, not just at the Arts Council for Long Beach, but throughout the entire Long Beach community. We are seeking an intern who will help the staff implement our marketing initiative, which makes the Arts Council the hub for marketing and promoting arts and culture in Long Beach. We aim to build the marketing capacity for the entire arts and cultural community of Long Beach—individual artists as well as organizations—to create new audiences for their work, to increase arts participation by low-income populations, and to contribute to the economic development of the entire community through the arts. This intern will be working remotely part of the time, and will work about 20 hours a week from August through December.
The successful intern will have:
- An interest in marketing and/or arts management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), a plus
- Strong reading, writing, proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of social media
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to conduct research
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Willingness to take the lead on particular aspects of the project and report progress to the Director of Programs.
- Familiarity with at least one visual or performing arts genre—either as an artist or enthusiastic audience member—is preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a detailed cover letter outlining their qualifications for the position, two references (including name and contact information), and resume. The resume must include education, work experience, and extracurricular activities. Please email all application materials to Lisa DeSmidt, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.