Santa Clarita Shakespeare is dedicated to engaging the entirety of our community through performances, programs and events that recognize our indelible commonality, and rejoicing in our diversity. Santa Clarita Shakespeare presents a summer cultural festival, the LA SummerFEST, an eclectic festival of music, theatre and special events. Additionally, SCSF has a year-round educational program, providing assemblies and educational programs for students and throughout the community.
The Arts Education Intern is an opportunity for students interested in exploring arts education, The majority of the work will be working with a master teacher, and working directly with students in summer theatre workshops and camps. Additionally, the intern will assist in the creation and maintinaing social media for the organization.
Students interested in the Arts Education and Social Media intern position should have:
• A general interest in primary arts education
• Well organized and has the ability to take direction
• Strong interpersonal skills: thrives in positive and creative group activities
• Positive attitude and positive team relations are a must. should be organized
• work well in a collaborative setting and can remain positive in the sometimes hectic, or stressful periods of work (pre-event or pre-production preparation, tech week)
Must be able to participate in production load-ins, performances, events, and presentation including:
• standing and walking for extended periods of time
• ability to follow directions and safety procedures
• ability can lift 20 lbs.
• reliable transportation to and from the internship
• an open or flexible schedule during the internship
as per our company's policy, employees, volunteers and interns are required to be fingerprinted, at no expense to you.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to David Stears to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include: Festival Production Internship in the subject line. In your cover letter, please describe why you would like to work with our company, your experience in theatre production, your interest in Arts Education, and your educational goals.
If you have questions please email email@example.com or call (661) 799-3378