To advance arts, culture, and creativity throughout Los Angeles County.
We envision a region in which arts, culture, and creativity are integral to every aspect of civic life for all people and communities.
- We value the knowledge and contributions of diverse stakeholders and partners, and the unique ability of arts, culture, and creativity to bridge people and communities.
- Arts, culture, and creativity are an essential part of free expression, artistry, and cultural practice.
- Arts, culture, and creativity are a significant driver of economic opportunity and shared prosperity.
- Arts, culture, and creativity are fundamental to human development and lifelong learning.
Equity, Diversity, Access, and Inclusion
- We value equity and an inclusive diversity of thought, practices, and experiences, with avenues for every voice to be heard.
- We value curiosity, continuous improvement, and the pursuit of new ideas.
- We value high-quality public service, transparency, accountability, and the responsible administration of public funds.
Research and Evaluation
- We value decisions based on facts and data, utilizing research and evaluation to set priorities and inform the field.
- We value the health and well-being of communities, and arts, culture, and creativity as a catalyst for positive social change.
- We value the care of collections, the role of art in civic spaces, and the preservation of cultural works, old and new.
We further our mission by investing in LA County’s cultural life. Our charge is to develop comprehensive programs and policies related to arts and culture throughout the County, and foster cultural equity and inclusion for all. We provide leadership, services, and support in areas including grants and technical assistance for nonprofit organizations, countywide arts education initiatives, commissioning and care for civic art collections, research and evaluation, career pathways in the creative economy, professional development, free community programs, and cross sector strategies that address civic issues.
This work is framed by the vision and guiding principles of the Cultural Equity and Inclusion Initiative and our longstanding commitment to fostering access to the arts in the service of all people and communities of LA County.