The Arts Education Intern will work approximately 32-hours per week between June and September 2021 and will play a critical role in the youth arts education programs carried out by LAMusArt teaching artists in Music, Art, Dance and Drama. The intern will act as the primary aide to LAMusArt’s Programs Coordinator, assisting the faculty of the program, providing direct support in engaging students and ensuring an optimal learning environment. The intern will have a schedule to rotate throughout in each of the four disciplines taught throughout the week to gain a comprehensive understanding of effective pedagogical techniques and methods fit for each discipline. The Intern will participate in curriculum planning, classroom management, student activities, assessment and scheduling. The successful applicant will have a passion for the arts, interest in helping under-resourced communities, and be both a collaborator and self-directed.
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university is required.
- Strong interest in nonprofit arts management or arts/education program experience.
- Knowledge of basic customer service functions.
- Strong computer skills (especially in Word, Excel, and Adobe Suite).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work cooperatively and as part of a team.
- Willing to learn about processes and systems.
- Strong interest in helping under-resourced communities receive an arts education
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle, and valid insurance.
Develop an understanding of effective arts instruction while playing a critical role in the way a child learns in Music, Art, Dance and Drama as an LAMusArt Arts Ed Intern. This internship is designed for students in an arts or education-related field with a passion and interest in high-quality teaching with a lasting impact. The primary responsibilities are centered around LAMusArt’s multidisciplinary arts program as well as the assessment of the organization’s new Curriculum Framework.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter and graphic or writing sample to Manuel Prieto, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org