Santa Clarita Shakespeare is dedicated to engaging the entirety of our community through performances, programs and events that recognize our indelible commonality, and rejoicing in our diversity. Santa Clarita Shakespeare presents a summer cultural festival, the LA SummerFEST, an eclectic festival of music, theatre and special events. Additionally, SCSF has a year-round educational program, providing assemblies and educational programs for students and throughout the community.
The Festival Production intern with the Santa Clarita Shakespeare will work closely with our technical and production staff to support production aspects of our annual summer festival, special events, and educational programing. Duties will include assisting with support of our annual FREE Shakespeare Program, fund raisers, and presentation for our summer camps and workshops.
Students interested in the Production Festival intern position should have:
• General understanding of theatrical production (lighting, sound, or general production), or Interest in theatre, production, or community events.
• Positive attitude and positive team relations are a must.
• interested students should be organized
• work well in a collaborative setting
• can remain positive in the sometimes hectic, or stressful periods of work (pre-event or pre-production preparation, tech week)
Must be able to participate in production load-ins, performances, events, and presentation including:
• standing and walking for extended periods of time
• ability to follow directions and safety procedures
• ability can lift 20 lbs.
• reliable transportation to and from the internship
• an open or flexible schedule during the internship
a per our company's policy, employees, volunteers and interns are required to be fingerprinted, at no expense to you.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to David Stears to: email@example.com
Please include: Festival Production Internship in the subject line. In your cover letter, please describe why you would like to work with our company, your experience in theatre production, and your educational goals.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (661) 799-3378