The mission of the City of Santa Clarita Arts Commission is to facilitate achievement in the arts for the benefit of the entire community. To achieve its mission, the Arts Commission provides leadership for the advancement and support of arts and culture; strives to promote economic development through the arts; and enhances arts and cultural education throughout the Santa Clarita Valley.
The Intern will research, assess resources and determine needs of the community to begin development of a creative industries directory for Santa Clarita that identifies business and people in the creative economy, and lists resources and opportunity. The Intern will assist the City with this ongoing project in several key ways:
• Organize meetings with art groups, organizations, artists and students to assess needs and generate a comprehensive list;
• Gather research and analyze data from similar creative industries directory to identify a model and structure
• Develop a comprehensive plan to implement the launch of creative industries directory in Santa Clarita;
• Compile a list of potential company for an creative industries directory;
• Write draft proposal document
If any specialized skill, knowledge or other requirements are expected of prospective intern applicants for this position (e.g. research, social media, accounting), please list those here. This information will be posted on the Arts Commission website with the position description. The ideal candidate should have a passion for the visual and performing arts and an interest in gaining experience in the arts or arts administration, community engagement, public sector work and advocacy. Candidates should have strong research and organizational skills, effective verbal and written communication abilities and basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel and Outlook). Additionally, the intern will have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and the ability to work independently.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to the City of Santa Clarita’s website at santa-clarita.com.