Founded in 1975, Floricanto Dance Theatre is the oldest existing professional Mexican folk dance troupe in Los Angeles. In 2012, we found our permanent home, The Floricanto Center for the Performing Arts, in the City Terrace neighborhood in East Los Angeles, where we continue to preserve the Mexican culture and validate it as a cultural expression of the Chicano people through dance and music.
The position of Development Intern will be primarily responsible for acknowledgement letters and renewal notifications related to the membership program; coordinate volunteers for development related activities including membership drives, development events, programs and functions as well as generate reports for related grant programs. This is an onsite internship working full time at 40 hours a week beginning in August and ending in October.
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional ability to manage details and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience and an understanding of basic layout and graphic design principles a plus.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to Christie Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org.