The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association fulfills its mission to perform, present, and promote music to a large and diverse audience through performances, presentations, and educational programs that reflect its innovative spirit. Today, under the leadership of Music Director Gustavo Dudamel, more than one million people attend LA Phil concerts annually at Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
The Artist Department Intern will assist in all aspects of artist logistical arrangements for Los Angeles Philharmonic productions at the Hollywood Bowl. A large part of his or her work will include coordinating the daily driving schedule, collecting and compiling information about LA Philharmonic guest artists and assisting with artist travel, hospitality, and ticket needs.
• Must be highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented.
• Must be reliable and dependable, as well as focused and self-motivated.
• Must be able to juggle large quantities of information and meet deadlines.
• Should possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Should be a team player with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet).
• Should have an ambition to learn about concert production and artist/orchestra management.
• Passion about music and the arts a plus.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion.