Please read the full 2018 Arts Internship Program Grant Guidelines carefully.
The following organizations may apply to the Los Angeles County Arts Internship Program:
- Nonprofit performing, presenting (including film and media organizations with a presenting program), arts service and literary arts organizations that are not part of a college or university
- Local arts agencies (501(c)(3) or municipal) in Los Angeles County that provide arts programs and services to municipal constituencies
- Municipal performing arts organizations.
Fiscal sponsors may apply on behalf of multiple sponsored organizations that otherwise meet eligibility requirements. The fiscal sponsor is the applicant of record.
Organizations must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Nonprofit arts organizations must possess 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status as defined by the IRS for at least two years;
- Have principal offices in the County of Los Angeles;
- Have a primary mission to provide arts programming or services in the County of Los Angeles;
- Have a functioning board of directors that meets regularly with at least 51% of members residing in California;
- Have been in existence for at least two consecutive years and have produced during that period no less than four public performances or programs each fiscal year.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances, including but not limited to those which bar discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, condition of physical or mental disability or marital status or political affiliation.
- Comply with Fair Labor Standards and pay professional performers, artists and supporting personnel at least the minimum level of compensation paid to people employed in similar activities.
Municipalities/Local Arts Agencies/Municipal performing arts organizations must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Serve as an agency of city government, officially designated by local government to provide programs, services, and/or financial services to a variety of arts organizations, individual artists and the community as a whole.
The following organizations are NOT eligible to apply to the Los Angeles County Arts Internship Program:
- Museums and visual arts organizations;
- Arts organizations, departments and programs that are part of a college or university.
Museums and visual arts organizations may be eligible to apply to the Getty Multicultural Undergraduate Internship Program.