Nonprofit arts organizations that:
- Possess 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status as defined by the IRS for at least two years;
- Have principal offices in the County of Los Angeles;
- Have a primary mission to provide arts programming or services in the County of Los Angeles;
- Have a functioning board of directors that meets regularly with at least 51% of members residing in California;
- Have been in existence for at least two consecutive years and have produced during that period no less than four public performances or programs each fiscal year.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances, including but not limited to those which bar discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, condition of physical or mental disability or marital status or political affiliation.
- Comply with Fair Labor Standards and pay professional performers, artists and supporting personnel at least the minimum level of compensation paid to people employed in similar activities.
Fiscal sponsors may apply on behalf of multiple sponsored organizations that otherwise meet eligibility requirements. The fiscal sponsor is the applicant of record.