Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Nonprofit organizations whose primary mission provides services other than arts programming, as demonstrated by more than 50% of the applicant organization budget devoted to non-arts related programming
- Municipal departments whose primary mission is to provide services other than arts programming
- Social and human services agencies and organizations
- Religious organizations providing services to the broader community that are not religious in purpose
- Departments, centers, or institutes of higher education whose primary mission is to provide services other than arts programming
- Fiscal Sponsors may submit requests on behalf of multiple projects
Who is Not Eligibleto Apply?
- Arts-specific nonprofit organizations as demonstrated by more than 50% of the applicant organization budget devoted to arts programming. (Nonprofit arts organizations should apply for OGP grant funds at LACountyAarts.org/ApplyToOGP)
- Individual artists
- Los Angeles County departments
- Federal departments and agencies
- Local arts agencies
- Private membership organizations not open to the general public
- Municipal arts agencies
- K–12 schools—public, private, and continuation
- Organizations currently participating in or receiving funding from the Los Angeles County Arts Commission’s Organizational Grant Program (OGP) or the Arts Education Collective
For Nonprofit Organizations
- 501(c)3 Tax exempt status, as defined by the IRS
- Organizational operating budget of $25,000 or more.
- Principal offices in Los Angeles County.
- A functioning board of directors that meets regularly with at least 51% of members residing in California.
- At least two (2) full and consecutive years of providing arts-based services or activities in Los Angeles County. During the two-year period the organization is required to have produced or hosted at least four arts-based workshops, classes, performances or presentations each fiscal year. Fundraising events and programs do not qualify. (Reference CIAG Guidelines, Page 3, for additional details.)
- A submitted Federal Form 990 for a tax year ending on or after December 31, 2016. A submitted Federal Form 990, 990-EZ or 990-N is required of all applicants. Religious organizations should submit a reviewed financial statement or annual profit/loss and balance sheet information.
- For all organizations with operating budgets of $2,000,000 and above, a financial audit is also required for the applicant organization’s most recently completed fiscal year for a tax year ending on or after June 30, 2016.
- One of 88 municipalities in Los Angeles County.
- At least two (2) full and consecutive years of providing arts-based services or activities in Los Angeles County in departments whose primary mission is to provide other than arts programming. During the two-year period the organization is required to have produced or hosted at least four arts-based workshops, classes, performances or presentations each fiscal year. Fundraising events and programs do not qualify.
- Municipal departments should submit a copy of their adopted annual department budget.
For Fiscally Sponsored Groups
Fiscal Sponsors may apply on behalf of multiple sponsored projects that otherwise meet eligibility requirements, including a project budget of $25,000 or more, principal offices in LA County, two consecutive years of providing arts services or activities in LA County, and less than 50% of their overall budget focused on arts-based programming. The fiscal sponsor is the applicant of record.